BRU-BUDGET is the name given to the integrated budget software for the regional entity (in other words the Brussels Regional Public Service and the regional bodies included in the consolidation perimeter according to the ESA standard).
This application includes the following options:
- to manage budget posts (referred to as basic allocations) and the corresponding details from the BRPS and the institutions within the ESA consolidation perimeter;
- to make and validate budget simulations;
- to create individual drafts of initial and adapted budgets (tables) for the BRPS and the institutions within the ESA consolidation perimeter;
- to create individual budget modifications (e.g. reallocation and exceedances of credits) for the BRPS and the institutions within the ESA consolidation perimeter;
- to facilitate the reporting to the General Database, the Institute for National Accounts (INA) and the EU;
- to generate various types of reports on the budget and its implementation;
- to calculate balances (budget balance, net balance to fund and funding balance);
- to generate multi-year tables of commitments and settlements.
The Budget Department was a pioneer in this area. They were the first to develop an application including all budget processes. This innovative application BRU-BUDGET appealed strongly to the federal government and other federated entities, and they currently have an agreement to use it.